Today.

This time of year always brings along a to-do list longer than I'd like.  I find myself rehearsing my list in my head again and again. I feel frenzied as I try to balance all the things I feel I have to do before fall, frost, freezing, snow, winter with all the things I want to do for my kids for the holiday season, with all the things that are not really wants or needs, but things I hope to accomplish just because. I start out the day with great plans. Then something happens, my attention gets diverted,it's dark too soon, etc. *Poof*. There goes another day.

As I start today, with my list longer than daylight hours, and my hours at home not enough to even make a dent in said list, let me remind myself that it's okay. Whether it gets done or doesn't get done, I need not worry. For worrying isn't going to get me anywhere. 

Certainly, plug through the list, but let my first priority be playing,
 Snuggling,

 
  enjoying our time together.

Today I will remind myself to be thankful for all that I have done today, and push those thoughts of what I have not done out of my head.  The list will be there tomorrow. These times with my littles....well, I need to take advantage of the time I have with them today.  So, that's what I shall do.














No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...