Apple Bread (And pics of my helpers)

Adrian announced his plans for the day were to make apple bread. So...why not? And then I thought I had never blogged apple bread. It's adapted from my Aunt Di's recipe. Mmm...it's good.  (Please excuse the too bright lighting. We couldn't wait for better light to dig in).

 Apple Cake

2/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
1 1/2 c flour
2 c. peeled/diced apples

Combine oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla. Add baking soda, salt, cinn., nutmeg, flour. Fold in apples. Pour into a greased loaf plan. Bake at 350 for 60-65 min.


Have I ever shared these?  These are knives that are kid safe, that really do cut! I'm not a super fan of having plastic anything, but I am glad I purchased these.

They make it so that when my kids are helpful, their helpfulness really does help.
 Only problem? The bread went *just like that*. Should have made two loaves. That's okay, my helpers are willing to give it another whirl. It's that good, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. I've made a version of that, nice and most. I always add extra cinnamon and fresh nutmeg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And great idea with the knives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm. Love the sous chef knives.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...