Leftover "Mashed Potato" Soup

So, I realize this is coming a little too late to all of you, given it was inspired by our Thanksgiving leftovers.  Maybe you could pin it, save it or remember it for later?

I'm sure you'll be in the same 'boat' as me again someday.  Leftovers.  Love them, for a while. But cannot throw them out.  I don't know how this is possible, but we somehow made too many Thanksgiving mashed potatoes.  Shocking, huh?!

Couldn't throw them away, and had an idea.  Leftover mashed potato soup.  I whipped it up...and you know, it was delicious!  So good that I don't want to forget what I did.  We'll be having this again.  Blogging is the best way for me to remember recipes, as I tend to misplace paper recipes (oops).  I hope you all don't mind.


Leftover "Mashed Potato" Soup- by Jackie

2 cups mashed potatoes
2 cups chicken broth
1 T butter
1 small onion, diced
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 cup diced turkey ham
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1 T chopped parsley
salt/pepper to taste

1) Puree mashed potatoes and chicken broth together. Set aside
2) Sautee butter, onions, celery and carrots for 3-4 min. Add turkey ham and sautee for 2-3 more minutes. Add potato/broth puree. Heat.  Once warm, add cheese.  Stir until melted.  Add parsley and flavor with salt and pepper.
3) Serve with homemade bread.

5 comments:

  1. I've heard of this but have never tried it before. It looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and I love that it's for leftovers! I'll have to try this next time I make mashed potatoes. I may just make extra! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for leftovers! It's hard for me to get my quantity of potatoes right when I make mashed potatoes, so I usually end up with a ton leftover. Kind of like pasta haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, this will be great for after Christmas! Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...