Misc. Before/After

I think I mentioned here a time or two that I am swimming in half started(?)  half finished(?) projects around here.  To make myself feel like I'm making a little bit of progress, I'm going to post a few before/after shots of the smaller projects I've been accomplishing.  Better that than to tell you about my list that isn't ending, right?!

Okay so the before shots.  This is what the marvelous kitchen looked like when we toured.  Great space, but a bit...um...yellow.  Sooo not my taste.  I have half the floor ripped up now...and it has been ripped up for some time.  I'll get there, I promise.

 So, what have I done?  Baby steps indeed...but...I finally painted. Here's the before/after of the same space.
 I took the doors off so my stoneware can be displayed. (Salmon Falls Stoneware.) I love that dish on the wall too.  An older former neighbor I befriended wanted to give me something to remember her by.  So she gave me this platter that she got for her wedding.  I love an item with a story behind it.


I think the wood really stands out with the crisp white paint. (Those are my great, great grandparents on my dad's side.  My uncle gave me those shots.  Neat, huh?!)
 

 I did all the outlet covers in my fave navy polkadot fabric. (See how here).

 I did a bit of spray painting. Here's the before/after.

 And here it is up.
 I've spray painted many of the fixtures, but not all.  Again, my to do list. Here's the before/after.

 And this one my dad did-he spray painted the hood fan so it's not bright yellow anymore. Here's the before/after.
Kitchen is coming together. I cannot wait to have the finished product done, but at least progress is being made.

I also managed to paint the barn door.  Which my little Adrian thinks it looked better before I fixed it up.  Apparently he's a shabby chic kiddo.  Here's the before/after.
What projects have you been finishing around your home?

3 comments:

  1. "A fisherman lives here with the catch of his life" OH I LOVE that one.

    This is gorgeous I love everything about it. The fan the stoneware shelf the cupboard doors, the colour of the wall the little touches this is fantastic great job. The bottom door is great too. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I could tell Buttons is a fellow Canadian even if I didn't know her because of the way she spelled colour. ;-)

    Jackie, your kitchen looks amazing! I am so in love with the plate from your neighbour not only because it has a rooster on it, but because of the story behind it. And pictures of your great, great grandparents are another treasure. And WHITE walls...love. Oh! and, I agree with Adrian about the barn door...I'm a shabby chic chick. Sorry! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks great so far! It does take time to get things to how you want them to be, but you are well on your way. The wood really does pop with that paint color!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...