Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns

I've tried 4 times...each good, but now 'wowza good enough to share good'. I only like to share recipes if they're A-MAZ-ING.

And this one fits the bill.
 
My friend/ far away twin, Julie, from www.fraisesettartines.com gave me the scoop on these.  Oh, she knows what she is talking about.  They're fab.


And now I'm no longer in search of the perfect hamburger buns.  Check.  Now, what should I conquer next?


Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns

Adapted, but originally from here.

1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup honey
2 1/4 tsps of yeast
1 egg
1  tsp salt
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2- 2 1/2 cups of white flour


1) Combine milk, butter.  Heat until warm.
2) Add honey and yeast.  Wait for it to blossom (get frothy).
3)  Add egg, salt, whole wheat flour, mix.
4) Gradually knead in white flour until you can form a ball.
5) Let rise 1 hour.
6) Punch down.  Divide into 12 balls.  Flatten into 12 patties.  Place on greased baking stone dusted with cornmeal.
7) Let rise 1/2 hour. Lightly brush with milk if desired (helps with browning).
8 Bake at 425 for 12-13 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'll have to try these! Last time I made my own hamburger buns I used whole wheat flour and they didn't turn out too well. I think I used too much. I'll give this recipe a go next time :)

    I started making my own buns out of frustration because I couldn't find any at the store that didn't have like 20 ingredients, most of which I couldn't even pronounce. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...