Oatmeal Cream Pies, A Jackie Original

Oh my.  You want these.  Yes, you do.  My husband ate 9 in 36 hours.  He said they were so tempting that he wanted them gone so he could go back to eating healthy.  Yeah, so that's one philosophy. 

 
It's basically my oatmeal cookie recipe with my whoopie pie filling.  There's whole wheat flour and oats.  Totally healthy.  I've changed up my whoopie pie filling in my other recipes to be more fluffy.  That's the way we decided we liked it better.


It's all sorts of yum.
 Oatmeal Cream Pies

The cookie:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening, softened
1 cup brown sugar (I never pack)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp  vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups oats

Mix butter, shortening, sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix.  Mix in baking powder, soad, cinn., allspice flax meal.  Add whole wheat flour and oats, mix.  Drop by rounded teaspoons on greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.

The filling:
 1/3 C. Shortening
1/3 C. Butter
2 1/2 c. Confectionery Sugar
1/2 small jar of marshmallow fluff
Splash of milk
Whip it.




Fill the cookies and enjoy.

And, kid approved. 






1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, these look out of this world! The other day I was just thinking about oatmeal cream pies. Perfect timing!

    Oh, and I've totally used your husband's excuse before for eating up all the sweets in the house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...