Buckeyes (No bake, Gluten free)


This is another installment in this series: 

" Growing up, one of the traditions I used to look forward to was actually a gift from a family friend.  There was this little red tin, shaped like a train, that we'd use and return every year.  It was the highlight of December when it would come back to us, filled with delicious goodness of dozens of misc. bites of perfection.   They must have tirelessly baked and baked the amazing set of holiday treasures.  Each sample better than the last.  Fast forward to recent times, even though it's been years and I now live states away from my hometown, I still would think about the contents of that little red tin every Christmas.  What to do?  Bug the baker until she folds...and sends me those recipes!  One day, the most delightful Email came to me, with 19 attachments.  Those attachments were those infamous recipes!  I now have the tools to build my own box of Christmas delights.  And I have permission to share the collection with you. "

It joins:

I really must get on telling you the rest.  They are oh so yummy.  Every last one of them. 

These are very rich and make a ton.  I sometime cut the recipe in half, and that still gives me oodles. Here's my condensed version.


Buckeyes (makes a TON...~100 balls)

18 oz. peanut butter
2 sticks of butter softened
1 1/2 lbs powdered sugar
melted chocolate (I love dark chocolate)

Mix peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar. 
Chill for ~1 hour.
Roll into rounded 1 inch balls.
Dip in melted chocolate. *
Place on wax paper and refrigerate.
Enjoy!

(I mix about 1 cup of chocolate chips with splashes of milk when melting to get a thinner consistency.  If there's any chocolate left, I surprise my husband with chocolate covered pretzels too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...