A bit of a facelift...Red Chairs

There's a story about how we got these chairs.  We responded to an ad on craiglist.  Went to buy the chairs.  We got there and the guy said "I only put a price on them to make sure someone who was serious about them got them.  I plan on giving them to you for free if you want them".  Isn't that neat?!  We paid it forward and gave a grill away on craigslist the same way.

These chairs used to be in our former kitchen. I liked them just fine, but was always worried about lead paint.

So a quick can of spray paint and they now are accent chairs in our living room.

Before...
 During...
 And after...


 


I wasn't sure when I started to paint them, but I'm quite happy with them now.  One more project checked off the to do list.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE them Jackie! You're house is fast becoming your HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kind of stories and paying it forward is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...