Summer Memories: "The Beach"


I know I've talked about the beach I grew up going to after our visit last year (click here to read).  There's just something special about bringing my own kids to the places I grew up going to.  Something that brings back my childhood filled with fond memories.  The experiences I share with my own kids are the same that my mom shared with us.   I miss my mom dearly.  It's been almost 16 years since I hugged her goodbye.  But, it's adventures such as these...

Playing in the same water... 


Digging in the same sand...

Chasing a similar bunch of seagulls...

Snuggling a tiny one while watching the bigger one play...

  and swinging on the same swings...
 
all the types of things my mom was doing in her 30s.  
 
  Yes, it's adventures such as these that make me appreciate the childhood I had and savor the memories I'm making with my own kids.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...