Upcycled Baby Doll

I needed a big brother gift for our little guy to bring to the hospital to give his new little sister.  So I whipped up a doll.  Seriously, I did whip her up...I tried to find a free tutorial to make a Waldorf doll and had a tricky time.  So I just guesstimated and made.  I ought to make another doll so I can slow down and make a pattern.  I guess I'll put that on my to do list.  

Here she is:

Posted by Picasa
Anyway...she's made entirely with upcycled fabric:

Body:  An old T shirt.
Stuffing:  An old pillow
Hair: Old wool pants
Dress:  Old T shirt (it's a mini pillowcase dress)
Ribbon:  Was used to tie a wedding favor we received.

She was completely free and took just a couple hours to design and make.  Can't beat that.  My little guy knows who it's for and talks about giving it to her daily.  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...