Cinnamon Rolls

My husband loves loves loves the pecan sticky buns I make him. Now, I like sticky buns, but not as much as I love cinnamon rolls.  Yes, there is a difference.  Sticky buns are like a pasty, cinnamon rolls are more doughy.  I have never had the perfect recipe...but I've got the perfect one now.  They're delicious.  So good that it prompted my husband to exclaim "This is why I married you!".  I do wonder if I was not a baker if I'd be still single?  

Anyway, here they are.  I should have drizzled the frosting all pretty like so they'd look fancier in the pictures.  But, that would mean that I would have to wait just a bit longer to enjoy them.  I "needed" to eat them asap.  Worth every calorie.
 
 

The recipe is a combination from here and here, as well as a spin by me.

Cinnamon Rolls

DOUGH
  • 2 packages yeast
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 cup warm (not hot) water
  • 1 small can evaporated milk at room temperature
  • 2/3 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 4 teaspoons salt
  • 6 - 8 cups flour
 FILLING
  • 4 T butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 T. cinnamon
 TOPPING
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 4 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
  • Splashes of milk to get the perfect consistency

Preparation:

Mix the first three ingredients.  Let stand until foams. Add the next five ingredients and knead to make soft dough.  Turn into greased bowl.  Cover with damp towel or greased plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (I usually preheat oven to 170, then shut off and leave light on) for 1 hour.  Punch down.  Roll on a floured service into ~15 by 20 inch rectangle.  Spread butter on dough.  Mix cinnamon and sugar and spread over butter.  Roll into a tight long log and cut into  1 1/2 inch slices.  Place in greased 9x13 pan or two 9 inch circle pans.  Let rise for 30-45 minutes.  Bake 350 for around 20 minutes, or until slightly browned at top.  Whip all ingredients for topping and spread while the rolls are still warm. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...