Cheddar Baking Powder Biscuits

There's a story behind these.  My late Great Aunt Harriett (very special lady to me) wanted to know how Red Lobster made their biscuits.  My bold (very special) grandfather (who is so much like my husband) marched right up and asked them the recipe.  Well, they gave it to him and my Aunt Harriett gave  the recipe to me.  I love the recipes she gave me because she included so many little side notes, tips and stories.  You can hardly read her recipes because there's a story behind everything squeezed in with fine print.  Lovely memories!

I guess Red Lobster used Bisquick...which I do not.  Bisquick isn't made like it used to be...now there's High Fructose Corn Syrup (which we avoid) and many other words that I can't pronounce.  I use the basic Better Homes and Gardens "Biscuits Supreme" and add the necessary components to make them the Cheddar Baking Powder Biscuits.  This recipe goes perfectly with Creamy Chicken Stew.



Cheddar Baking Powder Biscuits 

3 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp cream of tarter
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 T melted butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder


Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tarter.  Mix in softened butter and milk until combined. Add cheese.  Bake by rounded spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 450 for 10ish minutes.  Combine 2T melted butter and garlic.  With pastry brush, brush biscuits while still warm.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...