Stocking and Mitten Advent Calendar

Another of my other favorite Christmas traditions was always getting a new pair of pajamas to wear on Christmas eve.  The very last pair of PJs that I got from my mom was when I was 14 years old, the last Christmas we had together before she passed away.  I've worn them every Christmas since.  Just last year, they wore out.  I just couldn't bring myself to throw them away.  So, I backed the thinned fabric with interfacing, cut numbers, made miniature stockings and mittens and hot glued the numbers onto the mittens.  A little ribbon and clothes pins makes a pretty neat advent calendar.



These little stockings and mittens pack the perfect miniature little treats.  The boys in my life love this tradition, as noted with a resounding MMM, by both.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...