2011 Reflections



2011 was an awesome year.  This the first year I've kept track of my crafts/recipes/family outings through blogging, and I must say I'm glad I did.  It is so enjoyable looking back and reminiscing. I decided to collect some of my faves for today's post, month by month, starting when I first started blogging.

March 2011
Our little one enjoyed his first taste of maple syrup on Maine Maple Sunday.
The yummiest treat was Whoopie Pies.
The most enjoyed crafty projects were tied between the Wooden Push Cart and the Play Flower Garden.

April 2011
Brought the beginnings of the Excavation of our garage and our baby's love for trucks.
The yummiest treat was Carrot Cake.
The most enjoyed craft project was The Car Road Made from Jeans.

May 2011
Lots of happiness to share with a visit from the BOG (Bald Old Grandpa).
The yummiest treat was Fudgy Oat Bars.
The pair of my husbands' Khakis were turned into a Backpack.

June 2011
Father's day celebrated with the best daddy.
Yummiest treat was the pie crust that was turned into so many yummy pies.
The crafty hit was Reusing Old Baby Clothes into Snackbags.

July 2011
Strawberry picking.  Mmm.
Yummy treat was plain old chocolate chip cookies.
The crafty hit was the Special Date Pillow, perfect for weddings.

August 2011
A canoe, a sunny day and my family and a little respite close to home.  Sounds nice in this cold weather.
We enjoyed Oatmeal Wheat Rolls
My craft time was spent creating my new craft space.

September 2011
We celebrated the first birthday of my little guy.
Justin's favorite Apple Crisp was gobbled up quickly.
The crafty hit was Wooden Play Groceries .

October 2011
Our family went Barnyard as we paraded around a local farm.
We ate Cinnamon Swirl Cake.
A birthday party gift was a Superhero Cape, which reportedly he didn't want to wear because he didn't want to ruin.

November 2011
We announced that Baby #2 is on his/her way!
Snickerdoodle whoopie pies.
 I made and shared the pattern/s for the Alligator Puppet and the Five Little Monkeys Song.

December 2011
 We enjoyed watching our Little Fireman enjoy Christmas.
The Danish Chocolate Orange Cookies disappeared quicker than I anticipated.
The upcycled hat from old sweaters turned out to be a great Christmas hat.

2011 was a fantastic, fun filled and busy year.  Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...