Chock-a-block Cookies

I got this recipe from some magazine when we first were married.  It was declared a keeper and I've adapted it a bit over the years.  I often double the batch, as they get gobbled up quickly with only a single batch.



Chock-a-block Cookies
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I use walnuts, pecans and/or almonds)
1 cup coarsely chopped fruit (I use craisins, raisins and dates)
1/2 cup coconut
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix butter and shortening.  Add sugar and molasses.  Add eggs.  Add oats, powder, soda and salt.  Add flour.  Hand stir remaining ingredients.  Drop by somewhat packed rounded teaspoons.  Bake 375 for 11-13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...