Justin's Favorite Apple Crisp

My husband loves this recipe, it's another Jackie original.  It's not fall without apple crisp.  Before him, I mostly made pies, as that's my dad's favorite.  Although my husband likes pies, he looooves apple crisp.  He likes a lot of crisp too.  I add some good stuff to this recipe so it's not all junk that he's eating.   But don't tell him that...he might eat more.



Justin's Favorite Apple Crisp

8-10 cups of peeled and sliced apples
1 cup apple cider or 1/2 cup of apple sauce mixed with 1/2 cup water
2 sticks butter, melted
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 cup flax seed meal
1 1/2 cup oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt

Place apples in 8x10 square dish.  Toss with apple cider or applesauce mixture.  Set aside.

In different bowl, combine melted butter and sugar.  Add flour, flax, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Mix until combined.  Sprinkle over apples.

Bake 350 for 35-40 minutes.  Justin loves it with homemade ice cream or freshly made whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this recipe today. I was looking for a different one. The one I use is good but I don't love it...which is probably a good thing since I am like your husband, I loooove apple crisp! But I've got lots of apples to use up and have everything I need for yours so am going to try it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...