Chocolate chip cookies

Chocolate chip cookies, who doesn't love them?  My husband could totally eat an entire batch.  You think I'm joking, I'm not.  When we were first married, I was SO annoyed that I would do all of that hard work making cookies and they'd be gone the next day.  You can notice how delighted he looks in the picture above, and my descending  "NOOO" coming in on him in the picture above.  I'd wake up in the middle of the night, there would be an empty spot next to me.  Yes, he would be in the kitchen at 2am getting a 'snack'.  I'd also come home from work, and there would be no cookies left.  I had the brilliant idea of hiding them.  I'd tuck a box of cookies in a place I was sure he wouldn't discover. But he's a detective.  He finds everything.  Behind the cereal boxes, mixed in with the pots and pans, in the coat closet, in my underwear drawer.  I swear, that man wakes up with his sniffer in full motion.  Trying to detect any tiny bit of scrumptiousness he can find.  I'll never forget one day where I really got him good.  I got a call from him around lunchtime.  He had been looking for the cookies for 3 1/2 hours and he claimed he looked "everywhere" and couldn't find them "anywhere".  I could detect the frustration, annoyance and hunger in his voice as I stifled my impending laughter.  I totally ruined his breakfast, as I took the box of chocolaty goodness in my car with me to work. 

These aren't anything special.  Just good old basic chocolate chip cookies.  When my mom was sick, I used to make these for all the visitors who would stop in.  I have no clue where I got this recipe, I have made these so many times that I don't even measure.  I just dump, mix, bake and eat.  Well, I guess I dump, mix and bake.  It's my husband who does all the eating.  Anyway, this is the best guestimate on what I do. Oh, and a hint.  Anytime you'd like taller cookies, rather than flatter cookies, increase the flour by 1/2 or so. 


Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup crisco
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2-3  cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix all in sequence.  Bake 375 for 10ish minutes.

And can you imagine his delight when I found the Pampered Chef Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich maker at a thrift store, brand new, for $3.  I think I won wife of the year with that one this year, according to my husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...